History Stars Bizarre (Modernizing the Masters) General Who Veers
History Stars Bizarre is a collection of art works hand drawn, and hand painted by artist Chris Hawks. It is an extension of the Modernizing the Masters collection. Read More:
Old military portraits are modernized with a parody reimagining of famous icons from pop culture. Recreated from scratch, with a method called "The Prestige Technique". An evolution of old ideas are transformed into new relevant masterpieces for our modern times. Unique in style, like never before seen with mind blowing photorealistic traditional drawing and painting skills. A classy piece of decor for the atelier, home, or office.
"The Prestige Technique" "the new way":
(1)-FIRST: The original drawing is hand drawn, with graphite pencil on an 11”x17” sheet of bristol card stock paper.
(2)-SECOND: The original drawing is scanned, and formatted into a digital file.
(3)-THIRD: The scan of the original drawing is printed on canvas.
(4) FOURTH: The canvas print is soaked in a pool of water for 25-30 minutes. While the canvas is soaking a masonite wood panel is cut to the size of the printed canvas drawing.
(5) FIFTH: The canvas print of the drawing is mounted onto the masonite wood panel with acrylic glue, & squeegee.
(6) SIXTH: Once the drawing is set onto the masonite wood panel, Chris begins painting. Layers of tinted pigment are applied first, then layers of opaque pigment.
(7) SEVENTH: Once the painting is dry, Chris photographs the finished painting for producing prints, and archives.
(8) EIGHTH: After all of the photography is archived, then the original painting artifact is set in it's frame, and the original drawing is saved in archives. This creates two completed original works of Real Fantastic Art.